Friday 10 October 2008

Friday 10th October 2008 - The phonecall

It was a normal Friday morning and the rest of the family had gone off to school and work and it was only Mum Silke and Me remaining in the house. We started to clean Mum cleaned the upstairs Bathroom while I cleaned the Utility Room and when we had finished cleaning Mum said get ready we are going to a few supermarkets to do our shopping. We went by car and parked in the car park and got a trolley and entered the store, now I realised that there was a sign on the shop door and I asked mum what it was and she said it was a no dog sign with no words not even except Guide Dogs which I found very obscure so I kept that in mind while going through the supermarket. I was pushing the trolley while Mum had the shopping list and was collecting the items that we needed and we had just taken out a whole frozen chicken and 3 packs of chicken fillets when my mobile rang, I picked it up and said “hello Lena speaking" and the person on the other side of the phone said they had a Guide Dog that they think would make a good match for me and she told be more about this Dog. He is a Black Lab X Golden Retriever and he is very sensitive and is fine with other dogs and animals but apparently he is totally adorable, she also told me that the other day when she was training him a confident cat came out of nowhere wanting to be stroked and he weed himself lol poor dog. His name is Pearce after Pearce Brosnan from James Bond and then she asked if I wanted to meet him and I said YES I’d love too and she asked if Monday 13th Oct 2008 at 11am would be a possibility and I said yes that should be fine and so it was put down for that date. The rest of the day was filled with Guide Dogs and I had to tell mum and she said he sounds the perfect dog but I have to see on Monday how I walk with him. Fingers crossed it works out. It sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment